Here's a few ideas for you to become more familiar with the Early Childhood Initiative:
- Take a look at our calendar and stop by an event.
- Send us a message from this website and one of our Child & Family Partners will contact you to schedule a home visit. An ECI Child & Family Partner will introduce you to all that ECI has to offer your familiy and can help you decide if its right for your family.
- Sign up on our members page to be kept informed of things happening with the program.
Volunteers & Interns
Are you looking for ways to help our community's next generation succeed? Passionate about early childhood education and development and need an internship? If so, ECI is for you!
There are many opportunities to give your time and talents to help the AMHA Early Childhood Initiative. We are always looking for help at our family events and Mom-ME Time. Internships are also available that can provide valuable office and field experience in the non-profit sector.
Simply send us a message from this website to let us know that you would like to help, and we will contact you.
The Early Childhood Initiative at AMHA is funded almost entirely by local, private funders. While many programs of the housing authority are funded through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, ECI receives $0 from the federal agency. Only a small portion, roughly 10%, is funded through a state government grant by the Ohio Children's Trust Fund.
Through AMHA's non-profit 501(c)(3), Building for Tomorrow, you can make a tax-deductible contribution to the Early Childhood Initiative.
Here are some resources for you to become more familiar with our program:
- See Our Funders page to learn more about our private sources of funding.
- The ECI history, structure, goals and objectives are available to you in our annual work plan.
- Learn more about the people we serve, our participation levels, the outcomes we achieve and the costs for services in our 2013-2014 Program Report.